- 56. His disciples said to him: "On what day will repose
come to those who are dead, and on what day is the new world coming?"
He said to them: "That which you search for has come, but you know it
- 57. His disciples said to him: "Twenty four prophets
spoke in Israel, and they all spoke through you!" He said to them:
"You have left Him who lives in your presence, and have spoken of
those who are dead!"
- 58. His disciples said to him: "Is circumcision
beneficial to us or not?" He said to them: "If it were beneficial,
their father would beget them out of their mother circumcised. Rather, the
true circumcision in spirit finds all profit!"
- 59. Jesus said: "Blessed are the poor, for yours is the
Kingdom of Heaven!"
- 60. Jesus said: "He who has not hated his father and
mother cannot become a disciple of mine; and if he has not hated his brothers
and sisters, and has not taken up his cross in my way, he will not become
deserving of me!"
- 61. Jesus said: "Whoever has known the world, he has fallen
into a corpse; and whoever has fallen into the corpse, the world is not
worthy of him!"
- 62. Jesus says: "The Kingdom of the Father is like a man
who has <sown> good seed. In the night his enemy came and sowed weeds
over the seed which was good. The man did not allow them to pull up the weeds.
"So that you do not go to pull up the weeds, and pull up the seed with them,"
he said. For on harvest day the weeds will be apparent, and they will pull
them up and burn them."
Table of Contents
Copyright © 2001Shoemaker Consulting, LLC
Top of Page