- 98. Jesus said: "He who seeks, he will find, and he
who is called, it will open to him."
- 99. Jesus said this: "If you have money, do not lend it
at interest, Rather, give it to him from whose hand you will not take it
- 100. Jesus said this: "The Kingdom of the Father is like
a woman who put a little bit of leaven in dough. She made it into some great
<loaves> of bread. He who has ears, let him listen!"
- 101. Jesus said this: "The Kingdom of the Father is like
a woman bearing a jar full of meal. Walking along a distant road, the handle
of the jar broke; the meal spilled out on the road behind her, without her
knowing or troubling about it. When she entered into her house, she put the
jar down and found it was empty."
- 102. Jesus said:"The Kingdom of the Father is like a man
wanting to kill a powerful man. In his house, he drew the sword and stuck
it into the wall so that he might know that his hand would be strong within.
Then he slew the powerful one."
- 103. The disciples said to him: Your brothers and mother are
standing outside." He said this to them: "Those of you here who do
the will of my Father are my brothers and my mother. They it is who will go
into the Kingdom of my Father."
- 104. They showed Jesus a coin and said this to him: "Those
who belong to Caesar demand of us taxes." He said to them: "Give
that <which is> of Caesar to Caesar, give that <which is> of God
to God, and He who is mine, give Him to me!" (Note: The
moneychangers in Hebrew temples exchanged faceless shekel coins for coins
bearing Caesar's image at usurious rates so believers could pay their
religious taxes: payable only in shekels.)
Table of Contents
Copyright © 2001Shoemaker Consulting, LLC
Top of Page