- 91. Jesus said this: "Wretched is the body which
depends on a body, and wretched is the soul which depends on these two."
- 91. Jesus said: "The angels will come to you with the
prophets, and they will give to you that which you have of them, and you also
give them that which you have of yourselves, and you say this to yourselves,
'When will they come and take that which is theirs?'"
- 93. Jesus said this: "Why do you wash <only> the outside
of the cup? Do you not understand that whoever created the inside, He is also
He who created the outside?"
- 94. Jesus said this: "Come to me, for my yoke is just,
and my Lordship is kind, and you will find repose for yourselves!"
- 95. They said this to him: "Tell us who you are so that we
may believe you." He said to them: "You read the face of the sky
and of the earth, but He who was in your presence, you did not know him, and this
<very> moment, you know not how to read Him!"
- 96. Jesus said this: "Seek and you will find. But the
things you have asked me about in those days, I did not tell them to you then.
Now it pleases me to speak of them, and <yet> you seek not after them."
- 97. Do not give that which is holy to dogs, so that they not cast
them onto the dung heap. Do not cast pearls to swine, so that they not make them
Table of Contents
Copyright © 2001Shoemaker Consulting, LLC
Top of Page