Table of Contents
- Incipit. These are the hidden words which Jesus the Living
spoke, and which Didymus Judas Thomas wrote down, and he said this: "Whoever
discovers the meaning of these words will not taste death!"
- 1. Jesus said: "He who seeks, let him cease not to seek, until
he finds; and when he finds, he will be troubled, and should he be troubled, he will
become amazed, and he will become ruler over the All!"
- 2. Jesus said this: "If those who would lead you say to you:
'Behold the kingdom is in heaven!' then the birds of heaven will be first before
you, if they say to you: 'It is in the sea!' then the fish will be first before you.
But the kingdom is within you, and it is without you!"
- 3. "When you know yourselves, then you will be known, and you
will realize that you are the Sons of the living Father. But if you do not know
yourselves, then you exist in <a> poverty, and you are that poverty!"
- 4. Jesus said: "Let the man old in his days delay not to
ask the little infant of seven days about the place of Life, and he will live! For
there are many first <who> will become last, and they will become one
- 5. Jesus said: "Know Him who is before your face, and He who is
hidden from you will be revealed to you. <For> nothing hidden will fail to
- 6. His disciples asked him: "Do you want us to fast? And how
shall we pray? Shall we give alms? And from what foods shall we abstain?" Jesus
said this: "Tell no lies, and what you hate, do not do: for all of these are
manifest in the presence of heaven; nothing hidden will fail to appear, and nothing
covered will remain unrevealed!"
Copyright © 2001Shoemaker Consulting, LLC
Top of Page